Thursday, July 31, 2014

Don't you dare freeze your cake.


It was our one year anniversary this Sunday! Wow, it really has been a whole year since we went to the temple, and made promises to each other and to Heavenly Father. I remember how special that day was and I know that our wonderful friends and family played a huge role in making it a day to always remember. 

We celebrated on Saturday night and Sunday after church. We went and got our maternity pictures taken by the lovely and talented Jennie Ray Masterson (website here). It was so fun! I am excited to see them! 
Then. we went out for delicious Chinese food at this place we have been dying to try. It is super close to our new house, and now I know how good it is, and so we will be back.... Well, we ate out and then we went on a walk of downtown and it was so pretty and fun. Just a perfect night with my love.

Sunday we had a picnic adventure.


We made delicious turkey and lettuce wraps with cream cheese and honey mustard sauce, and I really liked them. Of course cheese "nips" were on the menu. I eat them a lot right now.


We found a nice spot by a river and chowed down. Spanish Fork canyon is really pretty.

Oh, have I mentioned how much I love this guy yet? Well, its true. He makes me laugh and I am pretty lucky that I got this whole YEAR with him as my love.


Just look at that beautiful cake. Looks tasty huh? WROOONG. Haha It was pretty nasty after being in our freezer for a whole year. Whoever made up that tradition of freezing your cake and eating it a year later must have had a negative view on marriage. The cake that once was delicious and beautiful is now a crusty, strange tasting heap of nastiness. See what I mean? 

Don't freeze your wedding cake. Just eat it like normal people should.


Its a good thing that we brought backup.

Yum.



It has been a while since my last prego picture. Here is the belly at 29 weeks pregnant. I am liking the third trimester so far. I don't feel like I am starving all the time, and I am still comfortable doing normal day to day things and fun hikes (low key) still.

10 weeks. Thats it. Baby is coming so soon!


What a happy year it has been. We have both been blessed with great jobs, I finished my degree, we bought a car and started renting a bigger home, and we have a little guy on the way! 

What a year.
I love you, Matthew. Now on to year 2! 

For some reason, I have the feeling that its going to be great.




No comments :

Post a Comment